“Micro school” is a broad term that has been used to describe everything from small neighborhood schools to student supervision provided during periods of remote learning. But we’re opening a school that will provide instruction, interaction, and socialization with the best elements of in-person and virtual learning combined.
According to EducationWeek, micro schools:
- Often have just 10 to a few dozen students (but no more than 150)
- Feature multiple ages learning together in a single classroom
- Have teachers that act more as guides than lecturers
- Have a heavy emphasis on digital and project-based learning
- Provide a highly personalized education
What makes microCADEMY unique?
Our first National Heritage Academies tuition-free micro school will be located in Kentwood, Michigan and will feature three classrooms, 20 students each. microCADEMY will provide:
- Individualized support
- K-12 learning grouped by grade level
- An onsite master teacher (with a variety of academic coaches to assist)
- Online instruction by PrepNet Virtual Academy